Factors to Consider When Purchasing Disposable Surgical Face Masks
With the global outbreak of coronavirus, several nations imposed lockdowns to control the spread of COVID-19.
However, due to several implications and the negative impact long term lockdown may have on the economy, and other aspects of human well-being, relaxations are being exercised.
During the lockdown, as well as after the lockdown, people have to take care of their own safety from coronavirus infection.
Keep in mind that the procuring of disposable surgical face masks online is necessary to ensure your loved one's safety in today’s times.
Apart from this, practicing good hygiene measures is essential. The number of coronavirus cases continues to rise in the world.
Therefore, the search for quality disposable surgical face masks for sale is also increasing day by day.
There is a growing awareness of the need to maintain workplace safety measures to prevent infection and transmission of the virus.You should wear a face mask if you are in any of the following categories:
- If you have flu-like symptoms.
- If you belong to a high-risk category; for example if you have a chronic illness like diabetes, a cardiovascular condition, or any other underlying medical conditions.
- If you are a medical professional.
- If you are around someone who is infected.
What is the best kind of face mask that provides the necessary protection?
There is a widespread misconception that any kind of mask can save one from infection but this is not true. In these times of crisis, you need a mask that effectively filters pollutants and particles present in the air around.
Different types of masks work separately in trapping and stopping the transmission of viruses, and preventing them from entering the airways.
The different kinds of masks that you may choose from include:
- Surgical masks: The 3-ply surgical masks are the most commonly used and available in the market. These masks loosely fit the mouth and the nose to prevent the wearer from splashes of droplets and sprays and may be used or present in healthcare facilities. These are highly cost-effective products and one of the most preferred kinds of face masks chosen by most of the wearers.
N95 respirator masks: These are widely used options for lowering the spread of the coronavirus infection. They are slightly more tight-fitting and are considered more effective in conferring safety from infection transmission. The N95 mask can filter 95% of particles that are larger than 0.3 microns. This corresponds to the size of droplets carrying the virus. Few masks are equipped with an exhalation valve that filters out the humidity build-up. These work better by filtering out and stopping the entry of pollutants, bacteria, and viruses into the airways with an efficacy of 95%. TheN95 masks are more expensive than disposable surgical masks. There is a need for fitting and testing the N95 disposable face mask for sale before using them to ensure their effectiveness in preventing infection.
- KN95 face masks: These are quite similar in their function to the N95 face masks. These will also filter 95% of pollutants that are 0.3 microns in size. However, the KN95 disposable mask for sale is tested to provide a better fit. On the other hand, N95 masks have stronger breathability requirements.
You can learn more about the different types of face masks effective to prevent coronavirus infection and buy high-quality products at cost-effective rates by visiting the official website of Vizocom Supply and Logistics Online.